Can EE/Ameracana's be shown?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AJ666, Aug 9, 2010.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    I got some "Ameracana" chickens from a hatchery and I was wondering if they can be shown.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    True Ameracaunas can be shown. Easter Eggers (Ameracaunas purchased from a hatchery or feed store) cannot be shown in an APA/ABA show. Or, if they are, will be disqualified.

If it's a 4H/FFA show, you may stand a chance as long as the judge is not judging according to the American Standard of Perfection.

3. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    how bout a county fair?

4. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:There were some shown at my county fair. When I asked the judge about it, he said he didn't DQ them because if he disqualified everything that needed to be, he would have nothing left to judge. [​IMG]

I think you would be at the mercy of the judge.

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Our fairs are APA ABA shows so they would be dq..last year there were more chickens with a dq on their cards than without all for being entered as the wrong breed [​IMG] We have the largest fair in this State so it's not a small County fair
    Agreed with the other posters if it's a small fair you may get away with it but consider how strict is this small fair on testing etc..do you want to risk your bird

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It will depend on you County Fair/ Show and weather they go by the APA Standard or not ..

At our County Fair/ Show we judge by the APA Standard and use only APA licensed judges so a EE (hatchery type Ameracaunas) would be a DQ....

Chris

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by