Can Eggs Be a Healthy Breakfast Choice?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by GoChick, Aug 2, 2011.

1. GoChick

GoChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
  2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

give them a week or two and there will be another study that will say the opposite. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  3. GoChick

GoChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    LOL!

Probably!

4. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    That is the problem with studies. The only thing constant is change. And that includes studies and findings.

5. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Whats good today is bad tomorrow. Then next week its not as bad as THEY thought. Who the heck is THEY anyway and what makes the experts? Not to mention what is good for you might kill me. My grandfather always said its all good in moderation. He was 102 yrs old when he died,how can you question that? He was my inspiration in self-sustainance.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  6. kizanne

kizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    It has always amazed me how many doctors don't make connections between food and health. But it is true for people it is true for eggs. What they eat matters.

7. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:Amazing! I totally agree. My grandmother had a glass of wine and a cigarette everynight after dinner crazy I know but she's 99 this December go figure [​IMG] my girls get Southern States grower but I also give them lots of veggies from the garden I grew

8. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

9. Auscal

Auscal Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    From the study report "and the composition of their eggs was then tested. "

It was be interesting to be able to get our own eggs "tested" to find out where they fell in regards to this study. The only comparison used was eggs from chickens fed "feeds that were high in anti-oxidants and lower in omega-6 fatty acids, based on wheat, barley, and milo" verses standard grocery store eggs.

10. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I was getting my Masters in Human Nutrition back in the mid-80s. Even back then, they were teaching that the cholesterol from eggs, shellfish and beef didn't really equate to heart disease.
    It just didn't trickle down to the really old school of modern medicine for another twenty years. The gears grind very slowly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by