can finally confirm my little Italian is a boy🤣

Kel60

Songster
Nov 9, 2020
I went out to check their water before bed and lo! He was trying to **** everything that moved. Not that he was very good at it, he kept falling off.

Poor guy, hopefully he can figure it out.

Their 5 weeks old tommarow, so I guess the timing is right. I was hoping to spot my first eggs starting next week. I'm honestly not sure if they'll start laying on time though. They've got a light that's on 24/7 in the coop because it's their heat but I wasnt sure if that would outway it being 30ish degrees out now

A lad who has no idea what he is doing
20201127_131405.jpg

Oh? Tell me more, iv got a girl with this coloration as well. I think it's a girl at least, no attempted crowing out of that one so far. Is this something I should breed specifically? I'd be nice to be able to sell some potentially rare hatching eggs. Think I'll get some other cool cross breed colors if hes my only male in a flock of Pharoahs and a I think it's called Rosetta?
The one on the left is our boy, unless you guys think they might both be male? Like I said no real male behavior out of the smaller one, but their three days younger and almost didnt hatch shes well behind The others in growth for it only being 3 days.
20201127_131212.jpg

Oh? Tell me more, iv got a girl with this coloration as well. I think it's a girl at least, no attempted crowing out of that one so far. Is this something I should breed specifically? I'd be nice to be able to sell some potentially rare hatching eggs. Think I'll get some other cool cross breed colors if hes my only male in a flock of Pharoahs and a I think it's called Rosetta?
The one on the left is our boy, unless you guys think they might both be male? Like I said no real male behavior out of the smaller one, but their three days younger and almost didnt hatch shes well behind The others in growth for it only being 3 days.
View attachment 2435983
see that the other one appears to have some black spots where the confirmed male has only browns and reds? the 1 on the right could be male (i would have to see breast pics to tell) but the way that it works is that if you breed that male to the “female” italian (on the right assuming female) the resulting chicks would be italian males and autumn amber females.

Back
Top Bottom