1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!
  1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    http://www.coopsnmore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=125

In
    the pics, I see 4 standard hens.... what do you guys think it could hold? We have 3 standard hens right now, and when we get this we plan to let them free range most of the day, and lock them up when we go away for a few hours. We MIGHT put in a dog crate with shavings incase it rains while we are gone.... and food and water needs to be in there.

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I think it's fine for your hens [​IMG]

Except it doesn't come with the coop, just the run. If you're going to free range a lot, I don't think you'll need a run.

3. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:their coop is across the yard. We plan to keep them confined when we're away, or when it rains/snows. Never know, I might try to attach it to the coop. [​IMG]

4. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi AnimalsComeFirst,

CoopsNMore has a really good handle on what our poultry needs are. Everything I have bought from them has been very useful and I think that they have very very good to excellent customer service. I think based on the math the run will be a fairly safe day hang-out for your chickens. One thing to bear in mind, is that to provide the low prices the materials have to be very economical. Usually chicken wire can't keep the worst predators away, but, I doubt if owl, hawk etc. could get your chickens in that run. It looks very practical.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  5. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Well, we already have them in a fenced in backyard, so a coyote is out of the question. Raccoons are scarce around here..... and our dog is out most of the day.
    Thanks!

6. Chicks4Charity

Chicks4Charity New Egg

Apr 29, 2013

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  7. Chicks4Charity

Chicks4Charity New Egg

Apr 29, 2013

Last edited: May 3, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by