I started on my chicken voyage last January. I have been through quite a few learning experiences. I now have a Americana that is a little over a year old, silver laced wyandotte and a golden sex link that are 3 1/2 mths old and a barred rock that is 4 mths old. I lost my speckled Sussex about a month ago and was left with just my Americana, that's when I got the 3 young ones. The place I get my chickens from did not have any speckled Sussex when I got the other ones. I really want to get another speckled Sussex. He gets one day old chicks and is scheduled to get some speckled Sussex at the end of this month. I'm concerned if I wait till they get older before I buy one they might run out of them but I am also concerned about putting her in with the older chickens. Any opinions?