Can i bring new chicks in?

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
I am planning to set some eggs in a few days and will be setting only eggs from my hens. All the chicks will be bantam. I really want 2 blue silkies, 1 rooster and 1 hen, but I can't make them from my flock. I thought of buying some hatching eggs to include in the hatch but since it's not guaranteed that I'll get blue silkies(BBS genetics at work) I thought I'd buy some day Olds and put them in the brooder at the same time with my hatchlings. Will the hatchlings pick on the different chicks if they are both day old?
TIA

I am planning to set some eggs in a few days and will be setting only eggs from my hens. All the chicks will be bantam. I really want 2 blue silkies, 1 rooster and 1 hen, but I can't make them from my flock. I thought of buying some hatching eggs to include in the hatch but since it's not guaranteed that I'll get blue silkies(BBS genetics at work) I thought I'd buy some day Olds and put them in the brooder at the same time with my hatchlings. Will the hatchlings pick on the different chicks if they are both day old?
TIA
I have done this and never had any issues whatsoever.

TIA
They won't care.

TIA
I've never had a problem. Go for it!

Back
Top Bottom