Can I clean my LG w/PinSol ?????

4roosandahen

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Oklahoma
My Coop
Can you clean a LG with PineSol or will it ruin it? I am of course asking after the fact and now that I have some eggs on the way I am worried the PineSol might lower my hatch rate even lower then it was last time. ahhhhh, Help!

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
13 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
I would just use the old method of cleaning with a 1/10 dilution of bleach... and let it air out really really well... I just wipe down my wood bator... it literally has a whole quart of urethane on it though... and it's only about one cubic foot on the inside.

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
I cleaned mine with pine-sol (the kind with disinfectant in it), rinsed it very well and let it dry. I got 14 out of 15 hatch. I will probably use bleach next time because so many recommend it, but I wouldn't worry about it if you have already used it.

PurpleChicken

Tolerated.....Mostly
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
I just use a dish detergent and a rag to clean it. Then I rinse it a lot.
Finally, let it dry out, in the sunlight if possible to kill any remaining germs.

4roosandahen

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Oklahoma
My Coop
ok, from this point on I need to do a search on the forum befeore I go doing things like cleaning, hatching, etc

Thanks for the quick replies.

Subirdban Farm

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 17, 2007
Hanover PA
I would let it sit in the sun for two days to burn out the soap and what ever bacteria it missed. I use soft scrub with bleach on mine and sit it in the sun for two days.

Top Bottom