Can I dust call ducks with the same stuff I use on chickens for mites?

AliciaM

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Yelm Washington
My chickens have mites and my 5 calls run with them. Can I use the same stuff I use on the chickens with them? Or is there anything in the mite dust stuff that I need to avoid? Im going tomorrow, sunday, to get the powder to dust them and there coop...so, any help ASAP would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Well i would be worried that when they get in the water and preen they would be ingesting the stuff. I had a vet tell me when i wormed my ducks with ivermectin that it would take care of mites though. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I used Dri-kill on my ducks and it didnt seem to hurt them, it said on the label it was ok to be used on waterfowl so I used it! Worked good
big_smile.png

If you have some swimming water for the ducks ( even just a small bucket filled with water) They should be able to clean them selves and get rid of the mites ( or just not have them) on their own. I think...
hide.gif

I have seen white call ducks at shows with mites so thick you can see them without looking too hard.

Mrs. Turbo :

I have seen white call ducks at shows with mites so thick you can see them without looking too hard.

sickbyc.gif
how are they even allowed into the show like that?? The other birds are at risk!​

people bring sick birds and bug infested birds to shows sometimes, you just have to be careful when you bring your birds home. they are not supposed to, but it happens. We spray our birds with adams flea and tick spray before loading them for a show so we don't bring any home, but then again, birds and mice can bring in the bugs too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom