can I eat these eggs???

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
Hi I had been missing a couple of my girls everyday and knew they wernt laying in the nest box. so I searched out the nest.. found it they had it covered with leaves.. still using this nest when I found it. well the leaves have stained the outside shell.. i tested them in water they all sink no rising to the top.. no cracks.... and I scrubbed but the stain wont come off .. these eggs cant have been more than a week or so old... can we still eat them? I was going to hard boil them..?? if they arnt good for people can I hard boil them for my girls.. they love boiled eggs.. ( I dont give shells or raw and pre crumble it too) ..

)O(
Pink

I would just crack them into a bowl first and see if there is anything growing like a chick before putting them into the pan

Nothing wrong, after all you're not eating the shell, it's whats on the inside that counts
wink.png

Quote:
it all depends on the conditions... if its nice and cool i have had eggs in my fridge for 3 - 4 weeks no problem they make the best hard boiled or deviled eggs... but in the summer i found a nest and the egg sunk with the float test and i opened it up in a bowl first and it was nasty nasty..
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom