Can I eat these

Person1234

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 28, 2014
One of my hens started laying on a clutch off eggs without me noticing, but when I finally did realize I took them away. I took the eggs inside and candled them and saw that they were developed maybe about three to four days. My question is are these eggs still edible or should I just discard them?

Last edited:
One of my hens started laying on a clutch off eggs without me noticing, but when I finally did realize I took them away. I took the eggs inside and candled them and saw that they were developed maybe about three to four days. My question is are these eggs still edible or should I just discard them?

I would discard them, eating a partially developed embryo would not be for me
sickbyc.gif

Oh come on. Haven't you heard of Balut Eggs? A Balut egg is a chicken egg that has been incubated for 13 or 14 days or else a duck egg that has been incubated for about 18 days. They are hard boiled for 20 or 30 minutes depending on the size and the embryo inside is dipped out and eaten with a spoon sort of like eating a soft boiled egg. I prefer salt and a little Tabasco sauce on mine, but since Balut eggs are an Asian food soy sauce is the sauce most people prefer.

Or if you're not that adventurous just break out one or two of the eggs in question and see if you could scramble them up or use them for baking a cake. Everything works out in the end if you'll only let it.

Yea I'm not trying to eat any "meaty" part and besides there only three to four days developed. Couldn't I just take out the veiny parts or no?

Back
Top Bottom