Can I feed Ezekiel grain to my ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ForeverSunshine, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ForeverSunshine

ForeverSunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2012
    Tennessee
    Okay, wow. Um, well, long time no see! Sorry I haven't posted in a gazillion years!

Anyways, we have a huge bucket of Ezekiel grain, and I was wondering if it'd be alright to feed my ducks. I'm not actually certain what all is in it and I don't want to feed them something that'll hurt them.

If anyone has any idea about it as a feed for them, PLEASE let me know! It'll save a lot of money if it's a suitable feed. And if it's just low in nutrients, that's fine, 'cause they're on a 8-14 hour turnout everyday.

Thank you! ♥♥

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Is this what your talking about? http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/sprouting/ezekiel_bread_mix.htm?gclid=CMPyvfCOyrICFYs7MgodCTYAUg

3. ForeverSunshine

May 10, 2012
    Tennessee
    Yessies, I think so, but mine has some sort of bright orange grain as well as beans and wheat, I think. :)

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I do feed split peas to my flock but I don't think I would feed whole beans. Don't know what the bright orange grain is but I also feed my flock wheat. I am just not sure since when I googled it this is all that came up.

5. CalBells

CalBells Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2012
    San Francisco East Bay
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. ForeverSunshine

May 10, 2012
    Tennessee
    That's just what they look like! You guys are awesome!

Basically, if I remove the beans then it'd be alright? I'd watch them for the first few days, of course. I certainly don't want to take any chance-even tiny- that one might become sick, but duck feed is getting expensive.

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'd say go ahead as long as there isn't beans. The yellow beans look like the split peas I buy only different color.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by