can I feed meaties scrambled eggs?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jBlaze, May 12, 2010.

1. jBlaze

jBlaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    THat sounds like a really silly question, sorry. lol. My layers are going gang busters and I am wonderinf if I can just feed the extras to the meaties?
    I got 9 cornish cross about 6 weeks, and my layers are giving me almost a dozen a day. Would it disterb the balance if I fed the meaties about 6 eggs a day for a while? We have wuite a build up in teh fridge, and since I am getting so many fresh, I want to purge the old. I just don't want to hurt the meaties, lol.
    Thanks.

2. schmism

schmism Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    Peoria IL
    mine wouldnt eat even the yummiest of leftovers we gave them.

instead of feeding them back bake some goodies and give them away. Or just give the eggs away to friends/neighbors. after a doz youll have new customers.

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    While i am certainly not a meatie expert, if they will eat them, i would not be afraid to feed them eggs. [​IMG]

4. terri9630

terri9630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    New Mexico
    You could feed them back to the layers if the meaties won't eat them. Check and see if there is a healthfood store near by. That is where I take a bunch of my extras. They buy all local produce/products.

5. jBlaze

jBlaze Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    Great, thanks!

6. bja105

bja105 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Western PA
    I feed my surplus to all my chickens, the meat birds, the layer chicks, and the hens. I cook them scrambles, first.
    The meat chicks are not as into it as the layers, but they are younger, too.

I also give away a bunch of eggs to my HVAC customers, and use them to market my meat birds to the same customers.

7. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    We used to feed our surplus eggs back to birds.Best if hard boiled though I have found.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by