Can I feed my flock scrambled eggs while I'm giving them Corid ?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by rregghead, Mar 21, 2013.

1. rregghead

rregghead New Egg

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    I am treating my chickens for Coccidia with Corid , and have been throwing away the eggs because we can't eat them...I started thinking that if I could scramble them up and give them to the birds, it wouldn't be a waste. Wasn't sure if I should though. Has anyone else done this ?

2. ReptileMom

ReptileMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Bozeman, MT
    I have done this. It is good food for them and any remants of Corid that might have passed to the eggs is just recycled while treating them. I just couldn't see wasting all those eggs. They absolutely loved them!

3. rregghead

rregghead New Egg

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    Thank you ! :)

4. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Here is my question, if people can't eat the eggs because of the antibiotics in them and you are feeding the eggs back to the hens, then would it not make the with holding time for the eggs even longer since they are still getting traces of the original meds fed back in the eggs? Just spitballin here.

I mean it is a good idea probably, but as soon as I read it that was my first question that popped into my head. I am a natural born questioner.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. rregghead

rregghead New Egg

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    I see what you mean, my husband asked me the same thing...I guess to be safe I shouldn't do it after I'm done giving them the medicated water :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by