Can i feed them ....??

shell25

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Derbyshire
Hiya

Firstly im new to having chickens as pets, im just wondering what else i could feed them, they are currently on growers pellets and whatever else they get out my garden, is veg good for them such as corrots, cucumber etc.

They're ok. How old are they? Seems like chicks. Cooked eggs, cottage cheese, yogurts and oatmeal are good for them.

Quote:
Erm now quite sure think 2 are around 8-9wk and 1 a little older. Im trying to find out what age they are at the moment.

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated.

here is a good link to check out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2593-Treats_Chart

thumbsup.gif

Lisa

As long as they are getting grit or out where they can pick up sand and gravel--which is basically grit--they'll do fine and love you for it. They need this hard stuff in their gizzards to grind up the veggies. I split open the cukes and summer squash and the birds love to pick out the seeds before cleaning up the pulp. Mine won't touch hard stuff like carrots and beets although they will go for the greens. I suppose if I were to cook them first they would but if I cook that stuff I'm going to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom