Can I freeze chocolate cupcakes ?

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
If I have them in their pretty silver foil cases?
My partners surprise 50th is this weekend and i was thinking of making a cupcake tower as a different type of cake.
Im going to fill it with 100 cakes.
Now, just so i know wether they are going to be OK for the occasion i was thinking id like to bake them today while no one is here. I guess im worried that the patty tins are lined with paper and have a foil outer. When they defrost will they go soggy?
Failing this i will just have to do a test bake today and the final bake on friday. The party is on Saturday evening.
Thanks for any help
Helen:frow

I do, freeze them unfrosted, then pull them out and frost them while still frozen, the frosting will set up faster.

I'm pulling 50 and frosting them on Sat for a party on Sunday.

I'm using paper this time, as 1/2 are chocolate 1/2 are buttercake, both work fine. They'll thaw at room temp too fast to muss the foil up.

I think freezing them is a horrible idea. It would make much more sense to mail them to me.
wee.gif

Chocolate cupcakes!!!!!
wee.gif

Yeah OK, ill send you some, im not sure how far they will go before customs pulls them up!!
I guess im wondering if the paper will go soggy, not the cakes!
Im looking for a mudcakey type recipe now or fudgey choc.
Ive got he chocolate ready to melt and homegrown eggs of course and really good butter not margarine.
Ive got the oven on and im just about ready, im nervous!!
im glad im having a trial run early.

Back
Top Bottom