Can I get more information on this one please.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail1994, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Quail1994

Quail1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi

I would like to know more about this incubator:
    [​IMG]

More information about it,is it good,who has it and possibly more photo's of it...because I can't find any more exept for this quote:

"IMPORTED, warranted by us on exchange basis, an excellent beginner machine with fantastic results, easy to clean just wash with detergent, total capacity 60 chicken and 200 quail eggs. Fan assisted airflow for even temperature distribution, the electronic thermostat is easily understood and operated, variation in temperature 0,1 degree centigrade, just turn the knob to desired temperature, two water chambers for humidity, see through plastic lid to monitor progress, roll eggs manually three times per day. Single stage incubator from beginning to end, in one machine. The perfect trial and error machine to learn the art of incubation."

I would like to buy it,for quail eggs.

Thanks alot.

The link of the website

2. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've seen these for sale on eBay UK. Also seen a couple of people on forums saying they've had good hatches with them. The quality of them is fairly cheap and I imagine it might take a bit more trial and error and/or a bit more skill to get consistently good hatches than if you bought one of the idiot proof bators like a fully automatic Brinsea, but for the money they do look pretty good...

If you have a look on eBay you might find a seller who could answer some questions for you.

3. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I've got it, it's brilliant. Same price as a three 3 incubator from Brinsea. The temperatur doesn't budge, just keep the middle ring full of water during incubation and you have enough space for a couple of digital thermometers/hygrometers.

Here is it now, just happily humming away.
    [​IMG]

This is a view through the side.
    [​IMG]

This was my last hatch, a chick hatching.
    [​IMG]

And this was big sister waiting for little sis (last egg) to hatch.
    [​IMG]

It comes back up to temperature really quickly after opening it. You can even adjust the temperature, in case the room goes cold, of you take it for a ride in the van (like we did - the sun was shining through the window).

There's a little opening in the top where you're supposed to be able to put a sensor, but for lockdown, I took it out completely and used the hole to inject water onto th cloths I had in there.
    Also, I drilled a small hole in the side and cut some of the top mesh out, so I could fit a birdcam in. People were able to dial in to watch the hatching. You couldn't do that with a Brinsea...

All in all, I'm thrilled with it and glad I didn't fork out hundreds for something that might not have been as good.

4. Quail1994

Quail1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Thanks alot!

But are you saying you have to buy your own thermometers/hygrometers for it?[​IMG]

5. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I would never rely on just one. The temperature dial has a sticker with temepratures on it, but I'd still rather have more and do an average. At lockdown, you fill both rings with water. I also had the soaked cloths, because I was scared (it was my first hatch). Everything went swimmingly.

ETA: I'm doing this hatch identical to the first, just because it worked.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Wow, you get a really good view into it. Like watching chick-o-vision [​IMG] My Brinsea's not as good for that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by