Can I give 2 day old Chicks a Little scrambled egg for a boost??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickie Mamma, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I am giving my little 2 day old chicks the vitamins in the water, but can I give them a little scrambled egg for a little extra protein?? Some still look pooped.. or are they too young? Thanks..

2. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Anyone? Do I smell?? [​IMG]

3. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Patience, young Padowan ~ many of us are still at work, and are not supposed to be reading this, LOL! [​IMG] I'm sure someone with more chick experience than I have will be on soon.

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I did. I boil and mash one egg and let 18 chicks fight over it every other day. It's quite fun to watch them play keep away with the pieces. Good Luck and welcome to BYC

5. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Same here, though I gave the boiled egg at a week old...I'm sure if you gave them a little grit with the egg it would be fine. I worry too much, so most of the time I end up pouring the grit all over the place. [​IMG]

6. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Thanks guys... I just wanted to make sure It woudn't do any harm.
    [​IMG]

7. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    hey just to let you know, i am no expert but make sure you boil egg and not cook it scrambled with butter or oil, it would be salt overload.

8. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:[​IMG] I was going to hard boil it now anyway.. I thought of the butter etc.. Thanks!!

9. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    let me know if they eat it, i just tried for the second time and they still won't touch it. i did give them some small crickets and meal worms and they are my best friends now (except one). i can't put my arm in the brooder with out them jumping on my arm. that was my goal but now its hard to refill food and water. mine are 2 weeks old.

10. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Quote:Hahaha, sounds a lot like me. Now it's quite a task to clean out the brooder. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by