Can i give my 3 wk old Sebrights treats like yogurt and plain oatmeal?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chknlitl, Jul 23, 2010.

1. chknlitl

chknlitl In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Northwest Florida
    I dont want to feed them anything that will hurt them. What if any treats can i give them? This is my first time having Sebrights.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:3 week olds can have pretty much have the same treats as older birds. Just remember small quantities, small pieces, and you will need to supply them with grit for digestion.
    Specifically yogurt and oatmeal are fine.

Have fun,
    Imp

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Boiled Eggs ( Shells off ) Scrambled Egg, Meal Worms, just about anything! My chick's favorite treat was boiled eggs! They went nutty for'em!

4. 3dogs

3dogs Chirping

Aug 12, 2009
    southern CA
    My 4 week old chicks spend their days in a dirt run where they can pick up grit. I introduced them to a variety of foods and found they like thawed frozen peas, diced raw yellow or green squash, watermelon, halved or quartered grapes (depending on size), diced tomato, and the tip of a raw ear of corn - two to three inches worth. They turned up their beaks at nectarines, peaches and half an orange. It is great fun watching them eyeball new treats and then grabbing and running with them!

5. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Songster

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Yes oatmeal and yogert are perfectly fine to give them.

other treats you can give:
    1.)watermellon
    2.)smashed boiled egg (w/o shell)
    3.)scrambled eggs
    4.)Meal worms

The only fruit / vegetable that is toxic for them (that I know of) is Avacado & Potato peelings

Just remember to provide grit for them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by