Can I give my chickens CHILDREN'S VITAMIN TABLETS?

But if it's just vitamins why would it harm the chickens?
it's "just vitamins" balanced for human children. the nutritional requirements of a chicken aren't the same.

do you know it is possible to overdose on some vitamins and minerals, for example vitamin A.

children are quite a bit bigger than chickens and so a dose for a child would be many doses for a chicken.

offer your chicken and your child a healthy, varied diet and neither should have any need for vitamin supplements unless they have some underlying health problem.

it's "just vitamins" balanced for human children. the nutritional requirements of a chicken aren't the same.

do you know it is possible to overdose on some vitamins and minerals, for example vitamin A.

children are quite a bit bigger than chickens and so a dose for a child would be many doses for a chicken.

offer your chicken and your child a healthy, varied diet and neither should have any need for vitamin supplements unless they have some underlying health problem.
Just so you know, I'm not planning on having kids anytime soon, I still am a kid. Secondly, I feed my chickens a very varied diet (they free range in our backyard). I was just wandering, would it be okay if it was nessasary.

Some vitamins and minerals that are healthy for you in small amount are bad for you in larger amounts. This is true of any species. Calcium for example is healthy and necessary for chickens but too much for an extended period of time will cause kidney failure.

Nutrition is all about balance. I don't know enough off the top of my head what about of what would be bad for a chicken but I would seriously doubt that what is healthy and balanced for a human child would be the same as what is balanced for a bird.

Do you feel like your birds are lacking something specific?

Just so you know, I'm not planning on having kids anytime soon, I still am a kid. Secondly, I feed my chickens a very varied diet (they free range in our backyard). I was just wandering, would it be okay if it was nessasary.
i'm not planning on children ever, they would probably scare the chickens
smile.png

i bet your chickens love free ranging in the yard, mine do.

Back
Top Bottom