can i have some pics of roosters together in a bachelor pad

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lcw1995, Sep 11, 2011.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    can i get some pictures of your roosters together livin' in harmony in their bachelor pad
    mine fight with eachother
    im thinkin' its just because the hens are with them
    i think id' be cool to have some roosters living happily together with no issues
    thanks cole

2. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    You didn't say what kind of chickens you had, but I have one coop with two roos in it, my Sultan coop. They have been raised together since day one, and are pretty docile chickens. They had some minor 'sparring'/chest bumping, etc., early on and decided who would be the alpha roo. Funny thing is that the subordinate roo does crow, but with his beak closed. Seriously. Like..."I don't know where THAT came from...wasn't me!" Good luck with your boys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    mine r golden sebright and pnycheon

4. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Hey Cole, I've been wanting some golden sebrights but from what I've read they aren't real cold hardy. How do you keep yours in the winter? If they just stay outside in Ohio they should be fine in West Kentucky. Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.
    P.s cool avatar.
    SCV member here.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    My bachelor boys getting some grains in the winter -

[​IMG]

Some younger boys mixed with slightly older boys

[​IMG]

One of the friendlier guys sayin' hello

[​IMG]

Resting on a natural perch in the afternoon

[​IMG]

I've been raising roosters in a bachelor pad, no hens, however they have full view to the hens, for 3 years now. No problems. Occasional fights but nothing serious. [​IMG]

6. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    I have two Sebrights, a golden and a silver, both hens, and live in W. KY. I have heaters in my coops in the winter, floor heaters that go under the pine shavings (small coops) that I got from www.shopthecoop.com, and they have a big fluffy Silky roo to snuggle up with.

deb g

P.S. Very handsome boys, Illia!

7. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I have a coop that has

1 male Phoenix
    1 male rir
    1 male rir mix
    1 male BLRW
    1 male polish mix

But they also have 8 hens. Most were roughly raised together but not all. They kind of learn to respect the dominant chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by