can i have some purebred bantam pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lcw1995, Sep 23, 2011.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    im strickly a bantam guy
    but im really picky
    i get bantams then i end up not liking them and wanting to sell them
    idk why
    im goin to the poultry show in columbus and im gonna be really picky about what birds i purchase
    can i have some pics of some purebred banties

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    be picky buy adult birds in pairs and trio dont buy them if u dont like them raise chick from them

3. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    my dark cornish bantams... although from the sounds of it, the cornish breed is not for you. the take a strong heart.
    [​IMG]

4. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    The term "Bantam" refers to a chicken approximately half the size of the large fowl version. What BREED are you looking for??

5. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Quote:X2 Bantams aren't a particular breed.

6. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    thats what i buy
    adult birds from shows
    when i say bantam i mean smaller birds like sebrights, oegb, dutch
    birds like that i suppose
    i love all chickens but picky about what i want to raise/breed/sell

7. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:well got start some where ive had many breeds over the years i buy something that i thought i liked and breed them for season sell out because i changed my mind
    i never thought i have silkies but now that i raise showgirls i have silkies too

8. Debbi

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    But what breed are you looking for? If you are buying bantam Orpingtons, but really want something more like a D' Uccle, then no wonder you are not happy with them. Find the specific breed you like, and see if it comes in a bantam size. If you go to the very top of the pages here, in the beige line, you will see a link to "BREEDS". Click on that and go to the Breed Selector link so you can see all the breeds that come in the bantam size. Lots of good info there.

9. Debbi

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  10. edgarmongold

edgarmongold Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:You are off on the size of most bantams that have large fowl counterparts.

Most dual purpose bantam cocks are around 2 pounds with large fowl counterparts being over 8 pounds.

Getting back to the original question, I advise you to do some research on the bantams before going to the OH National as there will be over 500 cages set up in Traders Row full of chickens etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by