can I incubate at 35 degrees?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FoxhallFarm, Apr 22, 2010.

1. FoxhallFarm

FoxhallFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Cork, Ireland
    I know this is probably a ridiculous question but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. I was recently given a brinsea polyhatch which was believed to be working correctly so I went ahead & ordered 12 RIR eggs to incubate, only to find when I ran it overnight before setting the eggs that the temp just won't rise above 35 degrees. I even put in a seperate thermometer but the reading was the same. Would it be a waste of time to try incubating at this temp? Thanks for any advice you can give . [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    OK, my turn to ask you a foolish question-is that 35 degrees Farenheit? I noticed you were in Ireland which is why I asked.

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Well assuming you don't meed the brooder is freezing...

35 degrees Celsius = 95 degrees Fahrenheit

normal range for incubation of chicks is ....

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I confirmed. 35*C = 95*F. Your answer is no. If the temperatures are about 1/2*C or less high, the eggs will hatch early and the hatch is probably not quite as good as it could be. If the temperature is about 1/2*C or less low, the eggs will hatch late and again the hatch is probably not as good as it could be.

Have you confirmed that the problem is the Brinsea and not with your thermometer. With your questions, I'd suggest at least two good quality thermometers and calibrate them both.

5. FoxhallFarm

FoxhallFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Cork, Ireland
    Ok I'll try that last one, thanks for the advice.

6. IrfaanGP

IrfaanGP Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    Good Day Dear People,
    Any luck at 35 degrees?

Regards,
    Irfaan Hassan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by