Can I incubate chicken eggs and turkey eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by psycoforsilkies, Dec 20, 2011.

1. psycoforsilkies

psycoforsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    East central Texas
    I have hatched chicken eggs one time before and have some int he hatcher now. My question is I was given 12 turkey eggs, can i put them with my chickens eggs in the same incubator? I know turkeys take 28 days so longer than chickens. But is it safe for my chickens? they are silky eggs?

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Yes just do a staggered hatch set the turkey eggs 7 days before you set the silkies makes it easier to brood that way too. [​IMG]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I have done that with Pheasant eggs as they take longer to hatch also so I put them in a few days before I set my chicken eggs then they all go into lockdown at the same time and hatch at about the same time.

4. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    Quote:I have Read that Turkey eggs, take more Humidity to hatch, and Cant Dry hatch them, they get shrink wrapped. Also with the Humidity they take it all and the chicken eggs dont have enough and get Shrink wrapped. I was doing this was my Ducks, and Chicks, and NONE made it, All dried up, so I have opted to not have anyhting with my chicken eggs., Luckly I have 6 bators that run and have the space to do this operation here. Good Luck on your hatch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by