can I keep 2 silkie roosters?

Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Out of the 4 hatchlings we had this spring,we ended up having 3 females and I male. I find the hens all hang out with
mom,and the young roo is following the dad around , learning from him,,so cute! I was planning on finding a home for any of the males that were
to come out of the hatch,but now I feel bad,and wondered if possibly they could all live together happily? They're all silkies, and seem to really be
compatible with eachother,,here's to hoping other's here have 2 silkie roo's together??? in total,,I have the 6,,mom,dad,and the 4 youngins
smile.png

Thanks,

Last edited:
If it helps any I have 3 rooster and 1 hen together in a coop. They don't fight, they were all born together and hang with each other. I hope that helps.
Michele

I was agonizing for months about who I would give my rooster(if any) to,,and have fallen in love with all the 4 of them(roo and 3 hens),,now to hear I
can most likely keep them all together,,I can't express what it means to me. I am so happy right now!!!! Thank you for your responses,,
big_smile.png

Last edited:
yes,I agree,,I see that the "family" is very close,,always keeping an eye on eachother,,and at night,they all huddle together, I wouldn't
have the heart to separate them ..
sad.png

Quote:
If you don't see any problems with them, then i wouldn't separate them no matter what breed of chicken/gender.
As long as they keep getting along then thats all that matters
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
If you don't see any problems with them, then i wouldn't separate them no matter what breed of chicken/gender.
As long as they keep getting along then thats all that matters
thumbsup.gif

Agreed. Tho, I'm gonna hafta separate the roos from the hens... (genealogy addict)
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

I had 2 boys and one girl hatch this summer and I plan on keeping all of them. (all silkies) So far, everyone gets along and is happy. I couldn't get rid of the boys! If worst comes to worst, I'll build another coop. I couldn't possibly separate the family!!

Back
Top Bottom