1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

can i leave the eggs in the nest till my incubator gets here?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jun 28, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Just wanted to know if I can leave my muscovy eggs in the hens nest till my incubator get here later this week or if I have to take them out now? Fyi she isn't sitting on them

2. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    take them out. put them in an egg carton with the top (small ) end facing down. no reason to risk them getting muddy and temp swings wont be good this time of year. get them in your house. put them in a spot noone will touch for 7-10 days MAX 10 days. you should be good then. if theyve been out in the heat they might have already started to incubate and then by the time your bator arrives they are shot. good luck!

3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I would take them too. Turn them everyday like you would in the incubator too

4. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:Thanks! My room stays kind of cold is that ok?

5. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    As long as they aren't below 40 you'd be good [​IMG]

6. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:How's 70 that's not too warm is it? I've read 55 and 60 is better. I have them on a towel on their side because I read duck eggs do better on their side. am I getting off to a good start? Lol

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by