Can I let my 7 week old Guineas free range?

Barred34

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2022
Hello. Basically I am new to guineas not new to chickens and ducks though. But this is my first batch of guineas and I was wondering if I could let them free range now. They’ve been in a separate brooder for 6 weeks and have been in there Guinea house for a little over a week. They are over 7 weeks old and there are three of them. The place we got them from said that they let there’s out after they stay in there Guinea house for a week but I wanted to make sure if it is ok to let them free range now.

Hello. Basically I am new to guineas not new to chickens and ducks though. But this is my first batch of guineas and I was wondering if I could let them free range now. They’ve been in a separate brooder for 6 weeks and have been in there Guinea house for a little over a week. They are over 7 weeks old and there are three of them. The place we got them from said that they let there’s out after they stay in there Guinea house for a week but I wanted to make sure if it is ok to let them free range now.
I would give them a little more time in their new coop, then start with a little supervised time outside, then herding them back into the coop before dusk. I’ve set up a temporary fence around the coop and encourages them to use the pop door to leave and enter. I let them out about two hours before sunset and stay with them until it’s time to go in. Guinea fowl are creatures of habit, so you want them to practice going in the desired door as dusk approaches. Let us know how it goes!!

I would give them a little more time in their new coop, then start with a little supervised time outside, then herding them back into the coop before dusk. I’ve set up a temporary fence around the coop and encourages them to use the pop door to leave and enter. I let them out about two hours before sunset and stay with them until it’s time to go in. Guinea fowl are creatures of habit, so you want them to practice going in the desired door as dusk approaches. Let us know how it goes!!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom