Can I let my domestic ducks/geese go out in a pond that has wild ducks?

TheCakeIsAWolf

Chirping
Oct 11, 2017
Northern Virginia
I'm getting ducks soon and hoping to allow them to swim in a pond behind the house we're moving into. I've considered getting predator decoys to keep the wild ducks on the other side of the pond. I really just want to know if it'll be safe to allow my birds to go out on the pond with the wild birds? Will they give diseases to the wild birds? Will the wild birds attack mine? Will my birds run away or something?

:welcome The wild birds may indeed try to exert dominance over your birds. Especially Canada geese during the breeding season. There is also a possibility of disease or parasite transmission.

I'm getting ducks soon and hoping to allow them to swim in a pond behind the house we're moving into. I've considered getting predator decoys to keep the wild ducks on the other side of the pond. I really just want to know if it'll be safe to allow my birds to go out on the pond with the wild birds? Will they give diseases to the wild birds? Will the wild birds attack mine? Will my birds run away or something?
I have a large stock pond on the front of my property. the wild ducks don't come around very often especially if my muscovies are there. I occasionally get an egret or crane land but they don't stay long. What size ducks are you getting and what kind of ducks are already there?

i dont know much about ducks (im still learning) but my ducks are on my lake and after a few tussles with the wild ducks they now all hang out together during the day (group of 2-11 wild ducks) and my 2 guys come home at night. as for diseases or parasite i dont know. I have 2 call ducks.

I have a large stock pond on the front of my property. the wild ducks don't come around very often especially if my muscovies are there. I occasionally get an egret or crane land but they don't stay long. What size ducks are you getting and what kind of ducks are already there?
I haven't seen the pond personally yet, so i'm not sure what kind of ducks/geese hang out in it. I'm getting some anconas, runners, and an embden goose.

Back
Top Bottom