Can I make the LG still air a decent bator or just call it quits?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by skillswife, Apr 7, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    So if I add an egg turner and have hubby add a computer fan, will that help the still air Little Giant be better. Or should I not put money into this and get something else? I don't plan on hatching a ton of eggs but would like something reliable. I hate to be out the money that I spent on this bator dang it! Thanks for any input.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    You'll spend close to 80 dollars fixing that probably. I'd just go buy a better quality one. Like a small Brinsea (sp?)

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Brinsea lover here. So I suppose I am biased. After hearing the horror stories about the bator, I went with Brinsea. Then I heard some people had success and GOOD success, so I now contribute the wonky product to unstable manufacturing. Which means you have no idea if you got a good one or bad one.

4. KZ

KZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Fountain, Colorado
    Quote:Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, you can sell it on Craigslist for almost what you paid for it, and then you take that money and the money you were gonna spend for the turner and fan and buy one of those better incubators. People seem to like those Brinseas....
    I'm not a big advocate of throwing good money after bad.... if that makes sense.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, you can sell it on Craigslist for almost what you paid for it, and then you take that money and the money you were gonna spend for the turner and fan and buy one of those better incubators. People seem to like those Brinseas....
    I'm not a big advocate of throwing good money after bad.... if that makes sense.

I don't know about that. Isn't that like pawning off a bad product on someone else? Could be one of the good ones out there too.

6. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Where would be the best place to buy one?

7. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Online, probably...

8. KZ

KZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Fountain, Colorado

I don't know about that. Isn't that like pawning off a bad product on someone else? Could be one of the good ones out there too.

Some people like LGs. [​IMG]

I sold my old one to someone who had used one before and wanted another one. Now if I had sold it to a kid, I would worry about my karma.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by