Can I mix these fudges?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by SarahFair, Dec 10, 2009.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Im planning on handing out home made fudge on xmas plates this year.
    Ive got to practice first though..

I dont have a candy thermometer yet cause walmart was all out but Im about to have a melt down if I dont eat some sugar NOW! [​IMG]

Well Im using this Chocolate Fudge Recipe and this Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe.

I was wondering if I made them at the same time if I couldnt marble them at the end?

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    or perhaps layer?

3. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Would layering it make it blend?

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    sorry I don't know I'm not a fudge maker, but I have seen layered fudge before. I would assume if you made one and let it set up and then pour another flavor over the top, you would get layers . . . ? try it, send me some, I'll taste test it for you and tell you how your doing!

5. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    The peanut butter seems to have come out fine..
    As soon as I added the chocolate chips to the other it turned crumbly immediately.. [​IMG]

Dont know where I went wrong with that one. It was the consistency of a reeses that has melted and thickend back up.
    It tasted ok so I balled some and flattend some and put it at one end of the peanut butter fudge [​IMG]

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:Would layering it make it blend?

last year i make chocolate peanut butter fudge layers. just prepare one first, put it in your pan and till you make the other it will be cool enough to put it on top. it was great. Also, I use the easy recipe from the marshmallow fluff jar. So good and no need for a thermometer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by