Can I mix......

Jadeann123

Chirping
May 14, 2019
Irwin, Pa.
My duckling Ebay will not eat his duck food! I can get him to eat a little of duck starter grower food if I make it mushy but thats it.

Now I don't know if its because he started on non medicated chick food when he hatched? He hatched earlier then I expected and Duck starter still had a few days to go in the mail and the Local Tractor Supply had nothing for Duckies.

Ebay will eat the chick food, I know its not the best for ducks, but my question is... How can I get Ebay to start eating his food? Or just mix both foods half and half? Wont he just pick around the duck food and not eat it?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1011381889.jpg
    Snapchat-1011381889.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 17
Yes its soupy, but he only eats a little and wont quit peeping and nipping at me till I get the chick food out.

Thank you.. Im a first time hatcher and duck owner, all the advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

My duckling Ebay will not eat his duck food! I can get him to eat a little of duck starter grower food if I make it mushy but thats it.

Now I don't know if its because he started on non medicated chick food when he hatched? He hatched earlier then I expected and Duck starter still had a few days to go in the mail and the Local Tractor Supply had nothing for Duckies.

Ebay will eat the chick food, I know its not the best for ducks, but my question is... How can I get Ebay to start eating his food? Or just mix both foods half and half? Wont he just pick around the duck food and not eat it?

The chick food is non-medicated, right? Are you feeding crumbles or pellets? Ducklings can't swallow pellets until almost 4 weeks old. But they usually have no trouble gobbling up starter crumbles. I start mine with non-medicated chick starter crumbles and switch to flock raiser pellets at 4 weeks.

Yes I made sure it was non-medicated, and they are crumbles.. Duck starter is a finer crumble so I thought he would like it better.. First day he loved the duck starter, second day only ate it when I made it mushy, now he wont eat it at all. Food and water available 24/7. Food filled with duck food and wont even nibble at it.

Yes I made sure it was non-medicated, and they are crumbles.. Duck starter is a finer crumble so I thought he would like it better.. First day he loved the duck starter, second day only ate it when I made it mushy, now he wont eat it at all. Food and water available 24/7. Food filled with duck food and wont even nibble at it.

Eh, just give him the non-medicated chick crumbles. He'll be fine. I don't like adding water to their food because it can cause them to inhale mold spores, which are deadly to ducks.

Back
Top Bottom