Can I Put A Male Button Quail With Budgies?

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
Hey. I've got a few male buttons that I'm trying to sell, but the white one has gotten my attention. The only way I would probably be able to keep him, would be if I put him in the bottom of my budgies cage. Is that a thing? Would they give diseases to each other? Would he be lonely?
TIA!

Hey. I've got a few male buttons that I'm trying to sell, but the white one has gotten my attention. The only way I would probably be able to keep him, would be if I put him in the bottom of my budgies cage. Is that a thing? Would they give diseases to each other? Would he be lonely?
TIA!
Yes they can 100% transfer diseases to each other. The male quail is also likely to kill the budgies come breeding season.

TIA!
You can try it, but IME budgies can be very aggressive toward quail and other ground birds especially buttons to the point that they can kill them. My budgies have killed buttons, diamond doves, and zebra finches

I used to keep quails and budgies in an aviary together without issues, but it depends on the individual birds. How big is the cage? I wouldn't put them together in a small space.
The cage isn't aviary size at all. I'm going to be getting her a bigger one, but it won't be aviary size I don't think.

I think I've decided not to keep him, because I don't really want to run the risk of one of them getting hurt, and it's probably not fair to keep him without other quail just because I think he's cute

Back
Top Bottom