Can I put a three month old in with my 5 week old and 8 week old??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Nov 6, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Hi all I'm getting a new three month old silke !! She will be shipping out tuesday of next week. I'm wondering if I can put her with my 5 week and 8 week old silkie babies.do you think it will be a problem?I asked the breeder if he thought she would be alright with them he said yes she is with babies now on his ranch. What do you all think?? She happens to be a buff just like my babies are. Will it hurt to mix them? Opinions needed Thanks

2. chickyfuzz

chickyfuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2013
    I think it should be okay to mix them.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Thank you for your answer!! The two I have are sisters same mom and dad. There is no fighting except the occasional chest bump and id hate for the new older bird to hurt them. I know the older bird is only 12 weeks herself but she will be bigger than my 8 and 5 week old. I just pray she's a good natured bird. I've not seen her. I bought her sight unseen so I'm not sure how big she will be at 12 weeks. I just pray she's not agressive. She is also a buff silkie like my little guys. She will arrive wed morning or afternoon. I guess I'll just have to wait And see. I'm going to watch her closely for awhile cause I don't want my babies hurt!! Hopefully she will mother them. Or at least not attack them!! Thank you for your answer. I feel a little better about mixing them now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by