Can I rant about two dogs that showed up today?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by BookWorm243, Jul 17, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Okay well I was wondering if I could rant about something that happened today. About 3 hours ago 2 dogs showed up, they where both english setters. The female was maybe a year and the male was under six months. They where running around our yard so we put them on a lead and I call the number that was on the ones tag and left a message. They where beautiful well behaved dogs, but where so SKINNY!!! I fed them over two cups each not to mention they where dying of thirst. So this already had me mad who in there right mind lets there two dogs go in this heat! They where not fixed either ( I personally believe dogs should be fixed ) we have so many unfixed dogs around here and so many puppies that we don't need more running loose.

So at this point I am pretty mad with the owners and them some guy comes out of our woods and comes walking up our drive way. Which I was mad about because we have No trespassing signs up, Hello!! can you not read?? He also has with him male blue healer that is not fixed. We have had a dog coming and eating our chickens, we had one attack our foster dog, and one that scared our rooster to the point he hung himself. And that heeler went strait to our chickens [​IMG] I bet ya he is the one that has done all this. Because we have also had a male that is coming every morning marking on everything, our house, flower pots, ect

Anyway I better stop now, my mom says that there is nothing we can do but ths whole thing is just irritating to me. All I know is if they come back me and my mom will be taking them to animal control where he has to pay to get them out.
    Thanks for letting me rant [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    There is something you can do! depending on where you live you can call about animals on the loose. And I would assume that at least some words were exchanged indicating your displeasure over the loose animals on your property???

3. Cpprpnny19

Cpprpnny19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Middleboro
    Poor dogs and poor you! Turn them in to AC so they have to go
    get them and pay the fine.......
    Maybe for the dog's sakes they will not go?

4. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Wow I'm so sorry for whats happened! I too have been in similar situations. The best thing is to put up NO TRESPASSING signs (or point them out if already up) and if the time comes that this owner ignores the signs then you have the right to phone animal control. Hope it works out [​IMG]

5. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

So sorry. I love dogs but some dog owners are just too much!

Our neighbor(hubby calls him Pajama Pants because he's always walking around the block in his Homer Simpson PJs [​IMG]) will walk the block with his JRT unleashed and unruly, running everywhere. There is a leash law here, but obviously it does not apply to him.

6. patvetzal

patvetzal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Bancroft, Ontario
    While I will always make water available to stray dogs, I would never feed them unless I wanted them to return (or were keeping them for an extended time period )

7. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks everyone,
    To be honest he just took the dogs and left ( he was a little creepy ) He walked half way down our drive way and them walked up the dirt bank and into our woods to cut across to his house [​IMG] We only have the one sign at the beginning of our drive way which he wouldn't of seen because he came thru our woods. I know they will come back more than likely and we will take them to AC. He was more worried than her than the puppy and something about him was fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it. Animal Control doesn't do anything, AT ALL! [​IMG]

DS, I hope you can figure out a way to work everything out with your neighbor [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by