Can I scream please! NEW Update pg 6 post51 pg 7 post 67 **PICS**

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
OK, so I live in this little hick town where if you blink you miss it. Our PD is also what you call animal control. Well sometimes our PD sets traps out for the stray's
hit.gif
. I am a huge animal lover and it just kills me to see an animal in one of those traps.

Well, yesterday I noticed that the PD had set a trap one street over from my house and there was a dog in it. The cage is sitting out in the wide open with no shelter. I almost lost it. I got this knot in the bottom of my stomach, but we were headed to my mother-in-laws house and I didn't have time to check it out. I went to the store earlier today and the dog was still there. So I took it upon my self to stop and talk to the people who own the house. The man I talked to said that he didn't ask them to put the cage there and that poor dog had been in the trap since friday with no food or water
somad.gif
He had through him some bones but had no way of giving him water. I came home got a bowl of dog food and 2 bottles of water and went back. That poor baby was so hungry and thirsty. He drank both bottles of water and ate all the dog food. YEs I know how to open the traps. He said that he called the po and there was no deputy that could come out
rant.gif

That is just stupid!! Why on earth would they sit a trap and not go back and check it. I mean come on, it is not like we live in New York or somewhere like that. They are out patrolling the streets so why can't they check the traps. UGH!! It just makes me sick. Anyway the dog is some sort of bird dog, maybe a pointer, less then a year old and has had his tail docked. He is so sweet. You can count every bone in his body though. I let him out of that trap walked to my van opened the door and he jumped right in. Needless to say there is one less dog that will go to the pound. My next door neighbor said that she would take him. She only has 1 dog and I have 5 already. I told her that I would help with the food and maybe we can get him healthy and rehome him, if that is what she wants to do. Sorry this was so long. Just needed to vent a little.

Last edited:
That sounds like ignorance running rampant at the PO/Animal Control!!! Our animal control here NEVER sets traps for dogs or cats, only predatory animals that can injure them!!! Good for your for saving another animal!!!!!

Thanks everybody.

Not sure who I can call. The Mayor and the Police chief are buddy's so not sure it would do any good to call him.

Quote:
I agree. If they are going to set traps like that then they need to have someone fulltime to check them. I have never heard of sitting a trap for dogs either.

I believe that leaving an animal in a trap with no access to food or water for that long is considered cruelty. I would be furious!

To help him put on weight a bit faster, try giving him puppy chow for about a week, the added nutrients will get him off to a better start.

Back
Top Bottom