Can I see pics of Bantam Rhode Island Reds????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TK Poultry, May 31, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I'm interested in getting some and need some pictures to reference

2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I don't know if you can remember, but we showed and sold a trio at the fair last year. I don't think I have any pictures of them . They are nice birds and were easy to work with, I just didn't have room for another breed.

3. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my cochins because they are too much for me with all of the fluff and keeping them in some kind of condition.... I'm still going to give silkies a go but the cochins are way too hard for me so im looking for a breed that is easier for me to handle

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Quote:They would be alot easier like the ameraucana's. I can't remember the name of the man we sold them to, but I might see him at the fair. Ours were top stock shipped in from Texas. I could see if he still has them.

6. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Thank You

7. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:They would be alot easier like the ameraucana's. I can't remember the name of the man we sold them to, but I might see him at the fair. Ours were top stock shipped in from Texas. I could see if he still has them.

Ok because I'm in over my head with the cochins

8. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Did you find some around here for sale??

9. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Yep and I have an email out that says call me ASAP

10. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    Here is a pic of my CKL he is from MR. Bell's line. he is a master breeder, Master Exhibitor and hall of famer. MR. Bell as I'm told originally got his start from MR. Matetzschk another Master, hall of famer, Exhibitor.

I believe these RIR Bantams to be the last cockerel & pullets from this line. I have yet to find others who have any of his pure bantam strain. If any body out there has any of the old bell or pure Matetzschk line please PM or email me.
    sofar I hatched about 23-25 chicks from my trio. My CKL won RESERVE BANTAM OF THE SCCL CLASS. HENS WON #1 & 2 RIR BANTAMS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by