1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can I see pics of your eggcarton egg turners?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gitlost80, Dec 19, 2010.

1. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    Hi Im new to incubating. I want to make one of those handmade egg turners out of cardboard egg cartons and ive found a few places that mention them, but Im a visual learner,so please, If you got pictures, post em! Also after I put the eggs in the egg turner pointy side down, all I have to do is move them from side to side 3x a day? Any help will be appreciated. Mine will be for no more than 8 eggs at a time.Thanks!!

2. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Ill try to post a picture, but just build you a frame out of some light type of wood, make it big enough for your carton, or two if you want, & mine pivots on dowel pens that goes through each end of the bator. mine holds 16 eggs, its not finshed yet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  3. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i'm gonna make two for my incubator... but i'm gonna use egg flats... just cut out the bottom of the egg holes for more incubation... there are a couple of builds in the incubator index that has pictures of their egg cartons and little wooden baskets holding them...

i'm gonna use all PVC though... with the egg cartons glued on...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by