Can I see pics of your Partridge Rock roosters?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ticks, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    thinking about what birds this spring, I want the "classic" looking rooster. I decided probably partridge rock. Can I see some pics?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    No roos but I have a broody hen and she is pretty.

[​IMG]

3. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I have one, ticks, but my camera is down. He is very, very beautiful! Tri-colored and so brightly colored it almost hurts your eyes! His legs are the most orange I've ever seen on a chicken. And he's just the right size, not too small and not a big slunger that hurts my hens. Leggy, proud, very mild and sweet....very gentle with the ladies and he's only 5 mo. old!

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I needed pics anyway, I'll get tomorrow or Friday, but mine are still Juvenille. So they don't have mature feathers or colors yet. And some are missing a LOT of feathers due to an argument with a bad BA who pulled them out. They're growing in new at an amazing rate though.

That's a very pretty broody Mahonri!

5. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Here's a picture of my rooster. We have several hens that look like Mahonri's. They are all gentle and our rooster is not mean...even when we had several others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isn't he a handsome devil? [​IMG]

I hope everything posted like it should...my first time to download pictures to this forum.

6. Beekissed

Mine has that little tuft of downy hair at the base of his tail also...never saw this on a rooster before. Is this specific to this breed?

7. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    I'm not sure, but all of the Partridge Rock roosters we had had the down. I thought it would go away as they got older...he is the only one we have left and he is 3 years and still has his downy spot.

8. Beekissed

Cool! A roo with a bustle! How stylish....might change mine's name to Beau Brummel! [​IMG]

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    ooooh i like those roosters.

10. ssteiner

ssteiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Orange, CA
    That's her on the left...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by