Can I see your Cochin Coops? Please :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bleenie, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

So with all the babies i am keeping this year I need to build a new coop for the cochins. The ducks have been needing one for a long time now too so it'll probably get done all at the same time. I would LOVE to see the coops/runs you guys have for your Bantam Cochins. Maybe it'll help me get this all figured out before hand!

Thanks everyone [​IMG]

2. PortugalBreeder

PortugalBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    My quail's coop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I am about to embark on the EXACT same project. Can't wait to see the responses!

4. serendipityfarm

serendipityfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Connecticut
    Our coop and run:

[​IMG]

The nest boxes and roosts inside:
    [​IMG]

We have bantams and LF.
    Best of luck with your coop!

5. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Hi There,
    If you click on my page I have several different pages and one of them is a coop my DH and I just built last week. I have this coop for silkies, young ones, and my two young cochins. Keep in mind that everything should be at a low level and make it so the ramp is not too long. All birds use the ramp except one silkie hen I had. B/c she would not use the ramp I sold her this weekend due to having to go search the bushes everynight to fish her out and put her in the coop.
    Good Luck,
    Beth

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

So far all of mine are using a long & tall ramp to get into a small, elevated coop so the ramp thing shouldnt be a problem. They have been using a ramp since they were in the brooder so i think that helped them not be wary of it, even with their "big heads". [​IMG]

7. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
  8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I love that, it's just beautiful! Do you have a picture of the inside? so i can see how things are set up? Thanks so much!!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by