Can I see your Cochin Coops? Please :)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
So with all the babies i am keeping this year I need to build a new coop for the cochins. The ducks have been needing one for a long time now too so it'll probably get done all at the same time. I would LOVE to see the coops/runs you guys have for your Bantam Cochins. Maybe it'll help me get this all figured out before hand!

Thanks everyone
smile.png

Beth G.

Gaetano Family Farm
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
New Haven County Connecticut
Hi There,
If you click on my page I have several different pages and one of them is a coop my DH and I just built last week. I have this coop for silkies, young ones, and my two young cochins. Keep in mind that everything should be at a low level and make it so the ramp is not too long. All birds use the ramp except one silkie hen I had. B/c she would not use the ramp I sold her this weekend due to having to go search the bushes everynight to fish her out and put her in the coop.
Good Luck,
Beth

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
So far all of mine are using a long & tall ramp to get into a small, elevated coop so the ramp thing shouldnt be a problem. They have been using a ramp since they were in the brooder so i think that helped them not be wary of it, even with their "big heads".
smile.png

Top Bottom