Can I use Espree Paw Balm on my rooster's comb?

GoodGuinea

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Pennsylvania
I've seen people here recommend Mushers Secret for frostbite prevention. I haven't been able to find that nearby, and it won't be here for over a week if I order it. He's already got a few black tips, and I don't want to wait. Can I use Espree instead?

Vaseline can actually freeze as well, so I would not use any products with that as the base. The Mushers Secret is more of a wax base. I usually do not put anything on mild to moderate frostbite. Do no massage or rub already frostbitten tissue.

I've seen people here recommend Mushers Secret for frostbite prevention. I haven't been able to find that nearby, and it won't be here for over a week if I order it. He's already got a few black tips, and I don't want to wait. Can I use Espree instead?
It is actually best not to put anything on their combs at all, and just make sure you have proper ventilation to prevent frostbite

Vaseline can actually freeze as well, so I would not use any products with that as the base. The Mushers Secret is more of a wax base. I usually do not put anything on mild to moderate frostbite. Do no massage or rub already frostbitten tissue.
Vaseline and all the other products *can* freeze but it’s still a protectant especially if its windy and cold. The heat from the comb and the protective nature of the Vaseline still does work. I’ve done it for many years. Also if it’s already damaged the little bit of protection isn’t hurting anything. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom