Can I use excel round worm liquid on my chickens?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by karlamaria, Oct 15, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I have not seen worms, but figure it's time to worm my girls. I have a small bottle of excel and it says it has piperazine in it. I can not find anything here for chickens so I'm trying tp figure out how to get them wormed and need some advice. I want something easy, maybe a wormer to squirt in there mouth. I can get some over the Internet, but the one I found is for 250 birds and costs 43.00 and I have only 5 birds lol. What's a good med I can get that's easy to administer and that does not cost a fortune. I heard you can buy cattle wormer but how would you break that down to fit a 7 pound bird?

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You can purchase Safeguard liquid goat wormer (fenbendazole) from Jefferslivestock.com or call them. It comes in a 125ml bottle and costs about $17 and is a better wormer than wazine/piperazine. Administer orally. Dosage is 1cc for giants, 3/4cc for large fowl, 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose in 10 days. There's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by