Can I use Oxine with Tylan?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChicksNherps, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ChicksNherps

ChicksNherps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    Bow, NH
    I am trying to use Oxine on my silkies because I think at least one has a respiratory fungal infection. It doesn't seem to be working well, but I want to give it more time. Also my other one started sneezing after getting water up her nose during a bath [​IMG]. So can I give both of them Tylan while using the oxine nebulizer? I have a show in exactly a week and want feel like killing myself [​IMG] I have been trying to get my other one's cough to go away for 2 months now, and now my OTHER one is sneezing!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I'd not take them to a show if they have a respiratory disease, as it might make other chickens sick???

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. ChicksNherps

ChicksNherps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    Bow, NH
    No I know, in case it is a URI. Because the oxine doesn't seem to be working but I want to give it a little longer but since my show is in a week I want to try start trying Tylan to see if THAT works. For the one who has been coughing for 2 months I have used metronidazole(in case of canker), doxycycline, and vetrx. Nothing is working. My other one didn't have any symptoms the whole time so I don't think it is contagious, but now the OTHER one is sneezing probably because she snorted water during her bath the other day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by