Can it possibly be?

Sphinx

Crowing
13 Years
May 10, 2010
Utah
My black copper marans laid her last egg on September 3.

I have been waiting (not so) patiently for her to molt. I'm assuming it's molting, even though she doesn't look anywhere near as rough as some of the pictures I've seen here. In fact, she looks slightly raggedy, but nothing noticeable. It was the feathers in the run that made me decide it was molting.

So. It's been 9.5 weeks since I've gotten an egg from her.

Today, when I went out to the hen house to gather eggs, Lucy was in her favorite nesting box. There were 3 eggs (not hers) under her and she jumped right up when I opened the box, and I collected those three. I'm really hoping, praying, crossing my fingers that when I go outside in a couple hours to check (obsessively) again, I'll have a beautiful chocolate brown egg waiting.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Geez, I wish I didn't have quite so many replies to come back to.

I went out just now, and my patience has paid off. I found this in her favorite nest box.
wee.gif

lucy119.jpg

I thought one of my hens had quit laying, My daughters dog has suddenly become a little aggressive but I was out side yest and heard the egg call I went into the woods and she has a whole collection of eggs out there! I guess she just doesn't like to lay inside the fence with the dog around!
Time for the Dog to go back to her Momma!

Back
Top Bottom