Can just one bird be dosed with Wazine?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SassyKat6181, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    I have one hen that is looking pretty ratty lately. She is going through a molt, had a bumblefoot problem, and also had lice. The lice are gone now, and her foot is much better since I opened it up. She is weak and her comb is pink and wattles white. She is not seeming to be getting any better. Could she have worms? I have some Wazine on hand, but would rather not treat the whole flock as I don't want to throw away eggs for 3 weeks. I am going to order Verm-x today. Should I just wait and give her that instead of the wazine. I am afraid she is too weak to handle all these treatments. Thanks

2. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Sounds like she is to me.

Doing everything at once is bad enough on a healthy bird.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I agree with saladin, she's too weak. Verm-x wont do anything...save your money and feed your bird scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk in her feed. The scrambled egg provides extra protein for strength and buttermilk is a probiotic to help her immune system.
    Wazine has a 14 day withdrawal slaughter period. If the bird is good to eat in 2 weeks, so are the eggs.

4. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    What dawg said. Give her immune system a jump (don't over-do that either though. lol) then worry about doctoring.

Add some cayenne to those eggs. The nature folks say it does wonders, I'm not sure, but it sure will make them increase the water intake. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by