can muscovey ducks quack a little?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by poultrykeeper08, Mar 1, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i just got a new pair of muscovey's and the female quaks a little not loud or long just a littl quack . I dont recall any of my old muscoveys i used to have ever quacking i know my mules did but they never had any of the red skin around thier faces and my new hen does so that makes me think that she is pure muscovey but the quacking gets me . Any ideas ???

2. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    hmm.. thats a tough one. I used to own muscovies and never herd one quack. I also had mules (muscovery x pekin) and they did quack. The muscovies were more of a whistle and hissing noises.

3. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Yes, if my gals get chased or are scared, they CAN quack. They don't do it often though.

4. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Yes, if my gals get chased or are scared, they CAN quack. They don't do it often though.

5. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Yeah mine quack too if they are scared. The females can make lots of noise and the males ususally can only hiss.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I am with dodgegal and chickygirl......mine do a faint quack like sound when really threatened or scared.........

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    ok thast good to hear . I got a little scared for a little while . lol . Thansk alot for your guys help

8. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    They make a little more noise when they are very young, but it generally turns to that hissing noise eventually.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by