can my chick survive with slipped tendon?

easterlyfarms

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 15, 2009
My chick is currently 12 days old and has slipped tendon. currently we are taking away the infection with antibotic cream and pills. he has all of his flight feathers and is growing more. the hock is barely swollen anymore. he is eating and drinking and walking on his one leg. will he be ok. after the infection is totally gone we are going to try to put the tendon back in. any info you could give would be great. he is in absoultly no pain and is perky. do you think he will be ok. thank you

If I am not mistaken the sooner you get the tendon in the better chance of it staying. Good luck I hope it all works out. I am very interested in leg injuries as they seem to be frequent but there is no good way to get things back together it is kind of pot luck. I look forward to hearing how your bird does.

he is know walking with just one leg. standing up right and walking. do you think i should slip it back into place? I am taking him to the vet again on wednesday. see how well the hock is healing.

I got a chick who is 3 wks old today. I was at the feed n seed. He asked me if I wanted to take this lil pullet cyz she had a broken leg. The joint is very swollen n her other leg points inward n is bent halfway. I can't straighten it out. I wrapped the swollen one n put just a lil soft tape on her bent leg for her comfort cuz its calloused from her scooting around. She's very perky, eats drinks n poops just fine. Can she adapt with her lifelong disfigured legs? I already know she'll have to be seperated from the flock for her safety. I'm not giving up on her til she does. Shes very spunky n lively. Any suggestions?? I'm a very outta my realm here...

Back
Top Bottom