Can my ducks go for a romp outside?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by theron, May 15, 2010.

1. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    I have 4 muscovy ducklings that are 3 weeks old. Can I let them romp outside for a little while? The temp is like 63

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I would think so if it isnt windy which would make it colder than 63.

If they start to huddle together, playtime is over [​IMG]

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Mine are the same age. I kick them out as soon as it hits 60. Swimming when it gets over 65. Make sure to get them a spot that provides sun, shade and wind protection. A shrub or tree will be fine. It would also be nice to find a spot with dandelions. They love to eat them besides the bowl of their normal food. I currently use two dog runs I move a round in the yard. The metal kind that folds together like an accordion. They sell them at petco or walmart. Once bigger they will get the whole yard, which has farm fencing. Right now they could slip through. So far they are doing a marvelous job of "feed and weed". [​IMG]
    Katharina

4. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Well they went outside and........ LOVED it!! [​IMG][​IMG] I got some pics but I will load them later tonight.

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Be warned they may not want to go inside tonight. Mine started to make a fuzz about going home in the evening. Ironically they crash out as soon as they are in. Cranky like a little toddler. [​IMG]
    Katharina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by