Can my eggs develope at different rates?

tonstevens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
I have 22 eggs all together over 12 of them look to be right where they need to be(15 days)but I have a couple that look a couple days behind but the air sack on top of the egg is as big as the chicks right on time about 15 days. This is my first time trying to hatch and candling so I have just left them in the incubator till hatch day. Are they dead or just a little behind ?

Some chicks are just a little late for hatch day. Sometimes they won't hatch until day 23 or 24. As long as the sack looks good I wouldn't worry too much. Did you see any movement? It could also be that they are a smaller breed then the others if you have a mixed batch of eggs going.

I have 14 that seem to be right on time they move a little but I think they are just running out of run. I'm almost positive that two are quitters but the other ones seem to be getting bigger I don't see movement in them. But the air sack is growing as well

Ok I still have them in the incubator and gonna give them a couple days longer . This is my first time so to be honest if I just get one chick to hatch I will be happy :)

I have 22 eggs all together over 12 of them look to be right where they need to be(15 days)but I have a couple that look a couple days behind but the air sack on top of the egg is as big as the chicks right on time about 15 days. This is my first time trying to hatch and candling so I have just left them in the incubator till hatch day. Are they dead or just a little behind ?
What sort of incubator do you have?

Is it fan forced?

Are all eggs the same breed and same supplier?

I have a little giants still air incubator . Same supplier but 4 eggs are Ameraucana and the rest are silver wyandotte

Back
Top Bottom