can not get into the chat room

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Bi0sC0mp, May 17, 2008.

1. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    i can log into the forums no problem..but when i try to go to chat is says invaild password checked and double checked password all is right..so i even tried where u log into the chat right underneath it says reset password try that say there is no account with that e-mail addy i am confused never had an issue with the chat before

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Try clearing your cookies and see if that helps

3. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    will try but my cookies and all automaticly clear when i close out the browser another thing if i am looged intot he forums why is it asking me to log into the chat but tried what u said still the same hmmm let me think on this one

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It is usually a cookie issue. That said, I believe there are some updates being performed by the chat hosting company tonight: "We will be performing several software upgrades, including an upgrade to the chatroom software, on Saturday, May 17, 2008. The work will commence at approximately 11 PM EST and is expected to take no more than 1 hour."

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

My first step for all things like this are to have the user delete their internet cookies. If still a problem, try from a different computer (home, school, work, friend, library) and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it is a PC issue. If it does, it is a user issue and then we can try to reset the user's info.

6. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    all my cookies ect are deleted nothing has changed on my pc chat was aorking good for me then bam is dont work no more still trying to figure it out thanks

7. zippychickens

zippychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    N. CA
    I didn't know there was a chatroom. How do you access it?

8. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  9. Bi0sC0mp

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    It has to be on your end cause my password for the forums and chat are the same i double checked unless i am suppose to have a differnt pass for the chat and it got messed up somehow.. i can log into the forums no problem at all but the chat wont go and then in the chat part where i have to log in i hit rest password put e-mail addy and all i get it this
    A user account with those details was not found. so something not right here

10. Traveller

Traveller New Egg

May 17, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I am VERY new here, so have never used chat. I am also having the exact same problem.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by