Can our chickens be harvested?

CdnMaple

Chirping
Mar 1, 2022
Northern Ontario Canada
A third of our chickens are recovering from Gleet and yeast infections. The rest of the hens look and act fine (they're checked atleast once a day). We're scheduled to take some of the hens to be harvested tomorrow, but am wondering if we should be waiting, or if it would be ok to take the hens that look fine. I don't want to feed my family any chicken could possibly have a fungal infection.

How many chickens is 1/3?

I'd highly recommend getting some testing done to know exactly what your dealing with so you can prevent it continuing to happen.

We have 13 Chickens. I started all of them on Balkan yoghurt immediately, and they are still getting it every morning. I didn't notice the yeast infection until the 3rd girl had it - we saw the white stuff on her feathers.
With the first 2 chickens, there was no sign - their fluffy butts hid the mess that was oozing out of their butts. Both of these chickens are being given Monistat as well. as yoghurt. By all the research I did, these 2 definitely look like gleet. the one is healing up nicely, no more gunk. The second is on her way to being better, it's so hard to keep her clean.
I tagged all the chickens that had the white discharge from their vent. There's 5 ( 3 plus the two with gleet) So far the other 8 haven't shown any signs of either yeast infection or gleet.
The coop is being sanitized daily with an ACV 20% solution. All the chickens are happy, alert and actively free ranging.

Back
Top Bottom