Can quail eggs be moved while in lockdown after they have started moving inside the shell?

Quail333

Hatching
Nov 15, 2022
I am incubating my quail eggs and it’s day 18. They have been moving in the shell on and off but then stopping completely so worried the humidity was to low my partner put a wet clothe in the incubator and when they did they moved almost all of the eggs. I am worried he might have accidentally drowned them or otherwise messed up their hatching process, is this something I should be worried about? Thanks for any help.

Moved? Moved where? If not moving them too far and none have pipped yet, you should be ok.
Unless they were soaking in water, it's not likely that they would drown. What is you're % humidity, do you use a calibrated, independent hygrometer or are you using the incubators sensor's for humidity and temperature?
Never relie on the instruments sensor's, they are notoriously inaccurate!

Moved? Moved where? If not moving them too far and none have pipped yet, you should be ok.
Unless they were soaking in water, it's not likely that they would drown. What is you're % humidity, do you use a calibrated, independent hygrometer or are you using the incubators sensor's for humidity and temperature?
Never relie on the instruments sensor's, they are notoriously inaccurate!
They just rolled the eggs to on side of the incubator to get a wet cloth inside to help with humidity. It’s been around 50-55 and now humidity is about 55-60%. Do you know why they would be rocking back and forth for a day or two and then completely stop for a few days? Most eggs have rocked but then stop and then others start to rock then stop. We tried getting the humidity up wondering if they couldn’t break out of the shell.

They just rolled the eggs to on side of the incubator to get a wet cloth inside to help with humidity. It’s been around 50-55 and now humidity is about 55-60%. Do you know why they would be rocking back and forth for a day or two and then completely stop for a few days? Most eggs have rocked but then stop and then others start to rock then stop. We tried getting the humidity up wondering if they couldn’t break out of the shell.
You're humidity is fine....if that is an accurate reading. They will generally rest before they pip and then rest again after they pip and will rest again before they zip. The rocking you saw was probably associated with them getting into position for hatching.
Nothing to worry about at this stage in the process.

You're humidity is fine....if that is an accurate reading. They will generally rest before they pip and then rest again after they pip and will rest again before they zip. The rocking you saw was probably associated with them getting into position for hatching.
Nothing to worry about at this stage in the process.
Next hatch I will have to get a reader for temp and humidity because like you said I’ve been hearing the incubators don’t read very well and that’s what I used this time. Thank you very much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom